To schedule an appointment, visit Book Online Now or call us at .
Multiple Options for COVID Testing Now Available
Passport Health Colorado believes in providing the most accurate and reliable medical information and services to our clients. We have chosen to perform specific COVID-19 tests based on reliability and accuracy.
We ask that if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, you visit your primary care provider or nearest urgent care/hospital for testing. Passport Health Colorado is currently only doing testing for individuals without COVID-19 symptoms. This includes people without COVID-19 symptoms who need clearance to travel. Also, be sure to review the Current Policies and Procedures for Appointments below before coming in for your test.
Viral Testing / Diagnostic RT-PCR Test:
Passport Health viral testing is done through a nasal swab. We currently use the LabCorp Diagnostic RT-PCR Test. These tests are then analyzed to determine if you have an active COVID-19 infection. Most travel destinations are requiring this test for entry to their state or country.
As of August 26, 2020, the current average time to deliver results for the COVID-19 swab test is 2-3 days from the date of specimen pickup. Results are delivered to you from Passport Health Colorado and online at: LabCorp Patient™. While we cannot guarantee the results within this period, we have experienced results delivery within the time frame described above for the majority of our tests.
The antibody test that our lab is running is the Architect system by Abbott Laboratories. It has been granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA which is currently the highest level of approval for any COVID-19 antibody tests. This test looks for IgG antibodies that would be present in most people if you have had and recovered from COVID-19. For more information visit the FDA’s site.
Information about the test system can be found here on Abbott’s website.
More information about Labcorp, our local lab running the testing system, can be found on their site here.
This test requires a tube of blood. Blood for the test should be drawn at least 14 days after symptoms have subsided, or if the person suspects they may have had COVID-19 and may have been asymptomatic. If taken 14 days or more after symptoms have subsided, the test has been shown, according to the test insert paperwork, to have 100% Accuracy (correct positive rate) and 99.6% Specificity (true negative rate).
COVID-19/Coronavirus Risk Assessment Temperature/Symptom Screenings
Passport Health Colorado is available to do COVID-19/Coronavirus Temperature/Symptom Screenings for your business or organization. Our nurses will come on site, take each employees temperature with a no-contact infrared thermometer and complete a simple symptom screening checklist. Call us now to learn more and protect your employees or members.
Current Policies and Procedures for Appointments
Passport Health Colorado is doing our part to curb the spread of the virus through social distancing and all recommended procedures in our offices. While we remain open to provide preventive care for many other infectious diseases, it is in a restricted fashion. To preserve the limited resources of our health care system and to keep our patients and our team as safe as possible during this health emergency, we are using current guidelines to take the following measures:
- Masks or face coverings that cover your nose and mouth are required to enter all of our offices.
- Clients are being screened for symptoms of respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath) as well as for exposure to confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 before coming into the office. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- When possible, clients are requested to arrive alone.
- We have launched Telehealth visits to provide patient care for eligible patients with both routine and urgent travel needs. We will discuss your planned travel and all required and recommended vaccines, medications and safety precautions. You will then be scheduled to come to one of our offices at a later date to receive your vaccinations and anything else you may need. This service is available for both new and established clients. Telehealth visits will be billed as an office visit.
- For those clients that do come to one of our offices, we will have time in between all appointments to minimize contact between clients and allow our staff to properly clean any areas contacted by the previous client(s). Clients will be asked to sanitize their hands before and after their visit and wear a covering over their nose and mouth.
Thank you for your help in curbing the spread of Covid-19 and for your patience with as we work to continue to provide the best travel medical care during these difficult times.