Our Northwest Austin travel clinic is located inside the Spicewood Plaza, which is between Loop 360 and Mopac on Spicewood Springs Road.
Travel Health and Vaccinations – North Austin’s international travelers now have a great resource for full travel health consultations. Our nurse will determine, based on your travel itinerary and personal health history, what steps you should take to ensure a safe, healthy voyage. This may include vaccines for diseases that are endemic in your destination (such as yellow fever, typhoid, or Japanese encephalitis), standard adult-recommended vaccines for which you may not be up-to-date (including shingles, pneumonia or tetanus shots), or travel health supplies to protect from illnesses for which no vaccine currently exists (like Permethrin mosquito repellant and water-purification supplies). You will also be provided with a printed, bound travel itinerary with details about your destination and lots of information to keep you safe as you travel. As we always say, we don’t just vaccinate, we educate.
Standard Vaccines – The CDC has many recommendations for vaccines, from small children to retirees. You can go to http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ for a complete breakdown of their recommendations, and then contact Passport Health of Austin to help you get caught up. Whether you are an expectant parent in need of a Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis shot, an incoming college freshman meeting your meningitis vaccine requirement, or you are curious about the protection offered against Hepatitis A and B, Passport Health of Austin can help!
Antibody Test – A lab slip will be provided by Passport Health. This lab slip then needs to be taken to a lab for Coronavirus Antibody Testing. The test consists of a blood sample being taken and then tested at the lab and determines whether you have been exposed to COVID-19 and developed immunity. A positive antibody test presumes previous infection with with SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. This test looks for an immune response but does not detect infection. These tests are not 100% accurate and both false positives and false negatives have been known to occur. Coronavirus Antibody Tests are not intended to diagnose COVID-19.
Fit 2 Work Screenings – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC advises all critical workers may be permitted to continue duties following the implementation of precautionary practices, including temperature pre-screening of all employees before entering the workplace. These screenings can help keep employees safe and important infrastructure up and running.
Passport Health offers onsite COVID-19 temperature screening to employers in Central Texas. Our expert nurses and medical staff will come to your location and provide a complete pre-shift evaluation. This includes:
- A medical questionnaire identifying if they have felt ill in the last 48 hours
- Verification of symptoms in the last 48 hours
- Establish risk exposure since previous shift
- Temperature checks to ensure the individual does not have a fever
- Questionnaires, temperature checks and other services will all be provided per CDC, OSHA and EEOC guidelines
Get your onsite temperature screening program started today by calling 512-459-0672 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time we cannot offer physicals in the Austin area. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- From Loop 360, turn to head south on Spicewood Springs Road. After reaching the top of the hill you will see a large brown brick building that says Tramex Travel. The Spicewood Plaza is just behind the Tramex Travel building on your right. Passport Health is located just inside the last set of doors on your right.
- From Mopac, turn to head west on Spicewood Springs Road. After you go through the light at Mesa you should be in the left hand lane. The first crossover opportunity will lead you directly to the Spicewood Plaza. Passport Health is located just inside the last set of doors on your right.
The building offers a free parking lot and handicap accessibility.
The Northwest Austin location is available by appointment only from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some after-hours or Saturday appointments may be arranged upon request.