Additional Passport Pages Overview:
- Standard Passport Books contain a total of 28 pages.
- 17 of these pages are left blank. These are used for visas and country entry and exit stamps.
- Many countries require that your passport have a certain number of blank pages to enter or obtain a visa.
- Your passport must have at least one blank page if you are traveling internationally.
- Frequent travelers may request a larger passport that has 52 pages in total. 43 of these pages are left blank for visas and entry/exit stamps.
The US government used to permit that travelers add additional pages to their passports in packets of 24 blank visa pages. However, the government is discontinuing this service at the end of 2015. If all of the pages in your passport have already been used up and you have an upcoming trip, you must request a new passport. See our Renewed Passport page to learn more about how to apply for a new passport.
Do you have an upcoming trip? Double check that your passport has at least 2 blank pages for entry and exit stamps. If it does not, call or email us so we can help you get a new passport.