Many area physicians refer patients to Passport Health for services they don’t provide. The patients you refer will always come back happy. They come back to you because we don’t compete with the services you provide them. All we do is preventive travel medicine and hard to find vaccines. They come back happy because our service is the best around.
Just in case you are not already familiar with our services, we have summarized the benefits we may offer to your practice. Passport Health offers a full range of adult vaccines and specializes in travel counseling and immunizations. Some of the advantages we can offer you and your patients include:
• Our clinic has nationwide buying power and carries all vaccines recommended by the CDC and WHO for international travel, including Yellow Fever and Japanese Encephalitis.
• We can reduce your exposure to liability for failing to inform your clients about health and security risks at their destination. The court has held that information dealing with health hazards must be aggressively sought out and a failure to do so constitutes negligence.
• As a participant in various insurance programs, you must bill an insurance company even if you know that they will not reimburse for travel vaccines. Of the few that do reimburse, payment is often below the cost of the vaccine.
Our team is made up of medical doctors and registered nurses with extensive training in medical travel.
- We spend an hour with each traveler reviewing appropriate vaccines, medications, and supplies needed for their destination. Our office visit fee includes all vaccine administration fees, and a personalized briefing booklet that can be used as a reference guide before, during and after travel.
- In addition we carry a full line of hard to find specialty products like first aid kits, insect repellants, mosquito nets, water purification systems, and sterile syringe packs.
- Passport Health has offices throughout the country, so we are able to provide the same quality care to travel companions who may reside in different cities.
- We are in touch with the new frontier in travel medicine, as nationwide us and our colleagues are involved in several vaccine research projects.
Finally, we do not offer primary care medical services so we refer your patients back to you and provide you with written documentation of what the traveler received from us. Since we do not offer primary care, we also refer many of our clients without a primary care physician, to our referring physicians in their neighborhood.
Visit our Travel Vaccines & Consultation page to learn more about our customized approach to travel immunizations.